In this role, the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst – Marketing serves as the primary bridge through the business to communicate high value information to support data-driven decision-making. He/she will continuously evolve management reporting, conduct complex data analysis and deliver business insights in an environment of rapid growth and increasing complexity.
- Participate in the full lifecycle of an analytics or BI project: from gathering and understanding the end-user needs to implement a fully automated solution.
- Develop and provision of BI reporting through the deployment of self-service reports and dashboards
- Work closely with management to optimize the performance of the marketing channels by analysing the various performance metrics
- Analyse and interpret large and complex dataset, trends and results using statistical techniques and big data programming skills
- Engages with business users as well as maintain a client relationship with data warehouse.
- Deploy Machine learning techniques to answer the appropriate business questions using R or Python.
- Visualize data using Tableau and create repeatable visual analysis for end users to use as tools.
- Take ownership of the existing BI platforms and maintain the data integrity and accuracy of the numbers and data sources.
- Know Agile - Scrum project management experience/knowledge - Ability to prioritise, pushback and effectively manage a product and sprint backlog.
- Prior experience with any of the following would be beneficial: Data analysis & reporting, Python, Excel PowerPivot and Google Big Query
- 3+ years of experience in business intelligence or any data analysis related role.
- Experience working on channel attribution, performance marketing data, customer and site analytics data.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field is required (engineering or economics)
- Experience with Tableau, PowerBI or any standard data visualization tools.
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language (Python or R) is required.
- Should be comfortable in writing SQL queries to extract data for data analysis.
- Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
- Exposure to Advanced Analytics techniques for forecasting, regression and other basic machine learning techniques
- Ecommerce / logistics / fashion retail background a bonus.
The successful candidate must be able to roll-up his/her sleeves, and work directly with large datasets and BI tools to solve challenging problems. He/she will be passionate about their work, detail-oriented, highly analytical and have excellent problem-solving skills.
The Zalora Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world & leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.