About the role
SEA’s leading fashion destination, Zalora, is looking for a seasoned programmer to oversee its video strategy. The desired skills include proven track record in digital (Youtube, Facebook Watch, IGTV, linear, OTT, etc..) production in documentary, fashion and entertainment programming. The person in this newly created role will oversee programming, development and execution of all content slates. The Head of Content will oversee and manage annual video budgets, and ensure that all final, edited product is delivered on time and to the highest standards.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of creating and executing series in a variety of genres of relevance to Zalora’s audience–as well as a strong understanding of what kinds of content will find scale organically. Expectations for both editorial quality and audience growth are extremely high.
- Lead, shape and implement the programming vision for Zalora’s multi-faceted video slate.
- Take charge as the primary video liaison between creative, editorial and performance marketing.
- Build a positive, success-oriented environment and serve as a leader that promotes creativity, innovation and furthers our video reputation.
- Grow Zalora’s successful video brand and programming in new and innovative directions, with an aim to at least double the size of current audience.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and communication skills when developing and producing projects – keeping all stakeholders invested and informed across each project.
- Represent Zalora video in all internal and external facing affairs as they relate to video.
- Manage the producing team’s workload, schedule, career growth, training and development as well as their annual review.
- Review, edit, and approve preliminary and final treatments, outlines, shooting scripts, casting, production schedules, budgets, selects, graphics, music, rough cuts, fine cuts, final narration and final versions of all assigned programs.
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts and sustain strategic partnerships with rights-holders, on-air talent, outside producers and other media entities.
- Manage multiple outside production companies on multiple projects simultaneously, and in coordination with internal departments, ensure timely, effective and on-budget development, production and delivery of projects.
- Adhere to, and be accountable for all aspects of Zalora’s budgetary and production standards, as well as contractual and deliverables requirements for programming.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5+ years experience producing and developing video content on various platforms including, Youtube, Facebook, Linear, OTT.
- Proven experience managing a team of creative producers and juggling multiple-projects at once.
- Excellent track record growing audience, overseeing creative execution and developing brand appropriate programming, while achieving sustained digital and critical success.
- Creative and strategic executive who is genuinely collaborative and ready to lead.
- Strong creative with tactical skills; expert level knowledge around multi-platform distribution and deep knowledge of all stages of the production and distribution process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write outstanding proposals.
- Demonstrated aptitude to work closely with external producers to represent the channel needs.
- Ability to partner and manage Brand team and Brand needs.
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world's leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.