We are looking for a passionate and talented individual to join the newly-established Zalora Consumer Insights and Analytics team (CIA). Reporting to the Head of Consumer Insights and Analytics, this regional role will be central to delivering the company’s Consumer Insights, NPS and Brand Tracking program.
The CIA team is an integral function as it will be the bridge between the Marketing, Commercial and Technology teams. The CIA team leverages on a deep understanding of our customers through analysis, market research, market intelligence, competitor research and internal data sources like Net Promoter Score (NPS) and customer feedback.
CIA adds value to Zalora by unifying and rallying the various teams through our insights-driven recommendations in order to do what is best for our stakeholders – the Zalora customers. Our recommendations are not just limited to the realms of what the Marketing team can influence, but it can also span into other areas of the business such as product assortment, user experience on our platforms (web and mobile), etc.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of a suite of regional research programs, including our in- house run NPS surveys, Brand Tracking program and our online Customer Community
- Continuously evaluate, analyze and communicate NPS results for our markets, highlighting key trends, patterns, areas for development and what this means to the relevant departments and senior management
- Supporting the regional business with regular analysis and reporting of key customer and brand insights as well and undertaking deep dive analysis for all key markets and audience segments
- Proactively seeking out trends and new insights within the program data and using this to inform, guide and drive key business decisions and opportunities
- Building and managing the day-to-day relationship with external research partners and working with them to evolve the programs and effectively manage and deliver insights to various stakeholders across the business
- Liaising closely with internal stakeholders and especially those in counterpart roles in the CRM, Customer Experience, Commercial and Buying, and Technology teams
- Championing brand insight across the business and demonstrating the value of this function to stakeholders
- Acting as voice of the customer and ensuring their needs are considered and represented in all commercial decision-making
- Identifying best practices and new opportunities for evolving the research programs, ensuring the set- up, design, analysis and reporting remain up-to-date and relevant to the business, including new tools and resources e.g. survey platforms, text analytics solutions and other cross tabulation tools
- Creating insight dashboards with data visualization to be shared with the wider business
- Working with internal stakeholders to assess and set customer targets and KPIs
- Presenting insights to senior stakeholders to inform them of the latest customer feedback and trends
Essential Skills and Experience
- Solid commercial experience in an analytical customer or brand research/insights role for an established research agency or company within the retail or FMCG sector that has a strong customer insight function.
- Subject matter expert in working with Net Promoter Score®, either in-house or for client brands, and demonstrable experience of using NPS to track and build customer loyalty for a brand(s)
- High level experience of a wide range of research methodologies, including qualitative and quantitative analysis skills, with a sound understanding of the effective application, advantages and limitations of various research methods
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (specifically Excel and PowerPoint) and experience of statistical analysis and techniques
- The ability to analyze, interpret and distil continuous data (including from various sources), and present findings in a clear and actionable way, and deliver insights to the business that informs decision-making and guides strategy and planning
- The ability to articulate strong connections between customers, brands and market trends
- Highly personable and approachable with strong collaborative skills
- Strong communication skills, and able to manage multiple stakeholders – someone who can share information with colleagues at all levels of the organization and deliver this in a clear compelling way
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to rapid change
- Someone that is passionate about customers, and their needs
- Someone that is curious with an enquiring mind and strong problem-solving skills
- Sound commercial acumen
The Zalora Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world & leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.