We are looking for a young, high-performing, goal-oriented candidate who possesses strong analytical abilities and outstanding communication and social skills. Additionally, the candidate is required to have a solid background through studies and work experience of Lean Six Sigma/Operational Excellence concepts and tools, such as: VSM, Muda, Standard Work, Performance Dialogues, Poka-Yoke, Cause-Effect Diagram, and 5-Whys.
- Participate in the design and development of tools and methods supporting Continuous Improvement routines and Lean Six Sigma practices
- Organize and lead trainings concerning Lean Six Sigma methods and concepts such as structured problem solving (A3, Six Sigma), performance dialogues, standard work.
- Drive the implementation of Continuous Improvement routines and Lean Six Sigma tools and methods in selected Departments
- Facilitate Continuous Improvement workshops across various Departments and Geographies in a multi-cultural organization
- Liaise with Leaders and/or appointed Change Agents in the Departments to provide guidance and support in sustaining the implementation of Lean practices
- Coach and facilitate teams in leading process improvement projects following the Six Sigma framework
- Timely communicate progress, status and obstacles of Process Improvement projects to Project Owners and business leaders.
- Lead complex high-priority process improvement projects across the Organization improve customer satisfaction and/or improve bottom-line results
- Run Value stream mapping workshops across function/regions to identify waste and prioritize improvement projects
- Track and analyze ZALORA metrics to identify opportunities for improvement and work with team to drive successful design and implementation of solutions
- Engage Leadership to lead the respective Teams by examples in alignment with Lean Six Sigma desired behaviors and corporate values
- Communicate a sense of urgency throughout the organization around the need for “Continuous Improvement”
- Ensure alignment and synchronization of process improvement endeavours with Zalora objectives and business plans targets
- University degree in Engineering (ideally Industrial/Management/Production Engineering major) or Business Administration from a reputable University
- Proven leadership skills to drive projects in a complex environment with several stakeholders
- Solid knowledge based on practical experience of Lean and Six Sigma tools, methods, and behaviours
- at least 2-3 years’ experience (in consulting or multinational companies) leading and delivering Six Sigma process improvement projects, and/or Lean implementation projects
- Strong analytical skills demonstrating ability to identify root causes of problems, generate and evaluate creative alternative solutions, and implement problem resolutions quickly and effectively with fact-based decisions.
- Experience in coaching Teams on Lean-Six Sigma topics in a multi-cultural environment
- Robust interpersonal skills and strong capability to influence people in a cross-cultural environment at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (English written and spoken), capability to synthesize complex issues and communicate into simple messages.
- Comfortable to work in a very dynamic business environment and capability to develop and execute priorities with rapidly changing business priorities
- Tech savvy with very good knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Previous experience in the retail and/or e-commerce industry will be an added advantage
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification is highly appreciated
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world & leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.