We are looking for a Senior Product Developer who has educational background in product development and pattern making with industry experience in the Product Development field. The ideal candidate has demonstrated skills in bringing fast-fashion design into commercial and physical reality working to achieve financial targets, process timelines and identified quality standards.
You will be responsible for delivering clear technical and physical specifications, including fit guidelines and measurements ensuring overall product quality and fit consistency for a fashion category. You will be working closely with a cross-functional team which includes designers, buyers, product developers and sourcing team.
Responsibilities also include implementation of product design and sourcing strategies, cost negotiation, product engineering, vendor management, quality control and team development. A great eye for fashion trends, product detail, good communication skill and good leadership are the key attributes in this role.
This is an exciting opportunity to join ZALORA’s Private Label team, one of the most recognized fashion brands in South East Asia. The role is based in Singapore.
Singaporeans and PR applicants are preferred.
- Responsible for the consistently delivering to expectations within the daily process of Product Development from design inception to final manufacturing, delivering product ranges that represent with the design intent and deliver high commercial value and is in line with Brand and Product Development leadership direction
- Provide technical expertise to proactively identify potential quality and / or production issues before they arise, showing consistent improvement in quality Identify and proactively engage vendors/factories when issues arise with recommendations for viable options/solutions.
- Partner with design, other product developers and vendors to suggest pattern amendments and alterations, achieving desired styling, details, fit and quality
- Implement the standards of all basic/standard blocks and style specific expectations across the product category of responsibility, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Participate in fit sessions delivering consistent fit comments, aligning to standards, ensuring quality garment construction, adherence to development timeliness and drive efficiency of the fit procedure
- Ensure vendor adherence to Zalora quality standards throughout all stages of development and production, maintaining strong and productive relationships with external vendors and suppliers
- Travel as necessary to work with vendors, educate factories and understand their capabilities
- Tracking of pre-production stages in accordance with internal critical path dates
- Liaise with suppliers and agents for fabric research, troubleshooting
- Ensure sizing charts of garment are approved for bulk, approve all materials and trims for production
- Ensure Shipment samples are sent by suppliers on time for final review and photo-shooting.
- Be a positive and proactive member of a team of product developers, working to the highest industry standards in daily, monthly and seasonal processes
- Collaborate in cross functional projects as required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Product Development and Production in the Apparel industry. (preferably with experience in both Menswear and Womenswear).
- Knowledge of garment construction and patternmaking
- Knowledge of fabrics, trims, printing, finishing and washing techniques
- Basic understanding of vendor compliance and testing requirements
- Understanding of all phases of product development, from design to choice of material to product development to sampling and manufacturing
- Experience managing a large and complex range, identifying areas of risk and improvement in the process
- Ability to work within a team to resolve complex problems
- Manage and lead the product developer team members
- Fact-driven approach to problem solving and decision making
- Excellent project management skills
- Hands-on, extremely pragmatic and entrepreneurial
- Desire to work in a fast paced fashion environment, after having thrived in a similar setting
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world's leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.