Zalora is looking for a talented Senior Business Controller to join the Corporate Finance Team to cover strategic projects, business partnering, and lead the FP&A team.
The Senior Business Controller reports to the CFO and will be working closely with the Management Team on strategic and cross-functional projects. The Candidate must have a strong strategic and business sense, strong financial analysis and technical skills, confidence, and the ability to work with various teams and in different capacities be it as a project leader, or advisor, or in a support function. The Candidate must be goal-oriented and able to manage his/her own timelines with foresight on potential project challenges. This role will be based in the Philippine office
Strategic Project Management
- Lead, coordinate and manage efforts across various functions liaising with both internal and external stakeholders to drive strategic projects spanning from the planning phase to evaluation and timely execution
- Assess the viability of investments and key projects by:
- Designing, building, or reviewing complete financial models for its technical robustness and reasonableness of assumptions
- Testing the sensitivity of project returns to key business assumptions
- Highlighting project risks and opportunities in immediate context and over the long run by identifying the impact to various departments/stakeholders across the company
- Managing project timelines and liaising with the relevant stakeholders
- Monitoring and ensuring timely execution of assigned projects
Lead the FP&A Team
- Provide stakeholders (Board & Management) periodic financial and operating results consistently, accurately, and in a timely manner. The reports should synthesize the results of operations and should be recommendatory in nature highlighting strategic and tactical opportunities and risks
- Train and provide guidance to FP&A Analysts by providing technical skills training on-the-job or in a structured forum, coaching, and providing opportunities for soft skill improvement.
- Ensure function continuity within the department by having well documented processes which are aligned with the needs of all stakeholders as well as reporting requirements
- Improve reporting processes through automation and proper back-up and storage of operating and financial results
- Guide FP&A analysts in supporting and evaluating business decisions to be undertaken by business unit heads
- Lead market reviews and strategy planning sessions by providing market intelligence and strategic insights on industry trends and operational and process advances
- Lead the local budgeting and medium-term planning process covering
- Evaluation of the company’s medium term strategy vis-à-vis demand trends and industry shifts identifying risks and opportunities that the company may face
- Operationalizing the medium term plan to a single-year horizon documenting both financial and operational targets
- Establishing accountabilities for short-term targets and incorporating the same metrics in the periodic reporting process
- Liaising with other stakeholders to align on broad/detailed company/business unit direction setting activities
- Partner with the Commercial team in evaluating opportunities to continuously improve profitability through reviewing demand and supply side trends and by leading market review studies among others
- Partner with the Operations team in identifying opportunities for improved operational efficiency translating to cost savings
- Candidates with additional certifications (MBA/CFA/CIMA/etc) will be preferred
- 6-10 years experience in business partnering and/or corporate finance
- Strong financial modeling skills. Ability to code using Visual Basic or SQL is a plus. Should be adept at using various excel formulas and able to use corporate finance tools for forecasting
- Strong financial analysis skills and familiarity with accounting standards. Familiarity with statistical analysis (descriptive and predictive analysis) is a plus but not required.
- Able to synthesize financial results vis-à-vis strategic trends and operational capabilities
- Self-starter with excellent communication (both written and oral) and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to superiors, peers and subordinates. Able to lead teams and effectively influence business partners
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to deal with ambiguity, with focus on timely execution.
- Exhibits a strong work-ethic, initiative and resourcefulness
- Retail / FMCG experience a plus
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localized sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world's leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.