Reporting to the Planning, Pricing and Control Director, this role will be responsible for leading the company pricing team. You will be accountable for maximising business profits and meeting the strategic direction of the business through effective management of all aspects related to the prices of the merchandise. As the leader and manager of the pricing team you will coach and mentor team members to achieve business goals through the creation of the next generation of pricing tools, systems and processes. You are the sparring partner of the Planning Director and will work closely with CCO and CFO, driving long term Commercial success in ZALORA.
- Define together with the Planning, Pricing Director and CCO the overall pricing strategy for the season (and 3-5 years plan) taking into account all relevant KPIs
- Define and control the overall company Markdown Model, highlight risks and opportunities to exec & management team
- Fully owns the development and improvement of the Zalora Markdown Model, and represent the Zalora point of view in the parallel creation of a Global Pricing Engine by GFG team, signing off on developments and change management
- Set up the Pricing calendar, owning all the processes and signing off on the final seasonal input for the model
- Report overall inventory holding and different types of profit contribution
- Define and implement overall company markdown strategy in regards to the key company objectives
- Closely work with head of merchandising to define campaigns strategy, calendar and day to day team execution
- Represent in the WSSI/reforecast meeting the pricing and inventory point of view, driving major budget reallocation based on elasticity and assortment productivity
- Help in Defining the strategy of the current & new tools to use in the wider Commercial team
- Directly manage and develop a team of analysts/pricers (2 currently, to be double by end of 2019), with the potential of setting up a standing alone development team (1 or 2 developers) and directly working with GFG team for the global pricing engine. Possible expansion in ID and PH
- Helps to develop pricing skills in cross functional & peer group
- Evaluate existing processes to develop improvements, standardizations, and best practices
- Previous experience working for an eCommerce Fashion retailer is desirable
- 5+ years in Pricing, merchandising/campaign management exposure is essential
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Expert knowledge of Excel, ability to understand major coding languages (R, Python)
- Strong commercial acumen & instinctive trading skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels with an open and honest approach
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines & work under pressure
- Proactive mindset with the ambition to drive improvements
- Degree in business, finance of quant study
What sets you apart from the rest?
- You're true to your customers and passionate about WOW-ing them every day
- You don’t just deliver what’s expected, you dream big and are obsessed with making improvements
- You simply….... get things done. Enough said.
- You've got your colleagues’ backs because you know that together, we are stronger
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world's leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.