Global Fashion Group (“GFG”) is the #1 online fashion platform for emerging markets. It operates across four continents and 25 countries and employs over 9,000 people via its five brands / ventures: ZALORA in Southeast Asia, THE ICONIC in Australia and New Zealand, NAMSHI in Middle-East, DAFITI in Brazil/Latam and LAMODA in Russia/Ukraine/Kazakhstan/Belarus.
At GFG, Technology is core to long-term success and is a crucial enabler of a great Customer Experience. We’re a mix of experts in fashion, logistics, data analytics, marketing, and design, guided by business consultants and tech geniuses – everyone contributes to the success of GFG and the ventures.
If this sounds like your kind of gig, be part of a creative, passionate and dynamic team that works hard but throws a great party as well!
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Architect with a strong background in designing robust architectures which can still evolve through time and willing to be very hands-on to implement these architectures with the teams in an Agile and DevOps approach (“you build it, you run it”).
You should be proficient in
- Data structures & algorithms, Object oriented design, Design patterns
- Building reliable, performing and scalable systems managing concurrency: master different architecture patterns, being able to make pragmatic decisions between state of the art architecture and quickwins depending on the situation.
- Node.js, React
- And some of the following:
- Front-end: HTML / CSS technologies, vue.js, angular.js
- Back-end: Golang, Java, Python
- Learning new development languages
- Agile, DevOps, Software Craftsmanship: scrum / kanban, CI / CD, TDD, code optimization for performance and maintenance, bug management in production… you have a strong experience and you’re deeply convinced in these approaches. The architectures you design particularly take into account the impacts on DevOps.
- Implement with the team the architecture vision, contribute to user stories to ensure that the recommendations are not just for paper and that they make sense in the real situations.
You should have the following qualifications
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of experience with high-traffic, high scalable distributed systems (micro-services event driven architectures) and client-server architectures (clustering, partitioning, sharding, etc) in a cloud environment (AWS), first as a software developer and then as an architect or tech lead.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competency in data structures, algorithms, software design, and deep understanding of good software design patterns
- Solid understanding of systems architecture, high scalable system design patterns, how things work underneath each request or UI layer.
- Knowledge of the whole web stack, understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, web server, load balancer, database, network layer, etc.).
What’s in it for you?
- Super fun, vibrant and dynamic environment
- Ability to make an impact to the company – we have a startup mindset and your ideas and efforts do matter!
- Significant career growth opportunities in a fast-growing and sunrise industry.
- Opportunity to work with super smart and talented colleagues
- An environment where agile, devops, software craftsmanship are not just buzz words!
How to apply
Please click Apply button. Also, please provide github/stackoverflow account if any. If you have open source work that demonstrates any of the above skills, please do share.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.