This is an exciting opportunity for a lawyer with outstanding legal skills and an adventurous attitude to join ZALORA’s regional legal team in the Philippines. Located in BGC, Taguig City, you will report directly to the ZALORA General Counsel based in Singapore, with a dotted reporting line to the ZALORA Philippines CEO. With a high degree of autonomy, you will be responsible for providing legal advice across the full range of legal matters affecting ZALORA’s business in the Philippines. This is an excellent opportunity for a lawyer seeking to grow and gain experience in the burgeoning fashion e-commerce industry.
- Providing clear and pragmatic legal advice to senior management and other business stakeholders on all legal issues affecting our main catalogue, marketplace, private label and other business ventures and functions (including HR, IT and Finance)
- Supporting management of the Board of Directors
- Contract drafting and negotiation for our full suite of contracts, including: purchasing agreements, manufacturing agreements, logistics agreements, licensing agreements, employment agreements, on-line terms and conditions, and non-disclosure agreements
- Advising on and assisting with the management of the Company’s intellectual property portfolio across the region, including advising on the effective protection of that portfolio
- Supporting the development and launch of key compliance initiatives, including the development and delivery of training programs within the business
- Advising on and assisting with the management of the Company’s corporate legal requirements.
- Advising on and managing the resolution of disputes, litigation and regulatory matters affecting the business
- Management of external counsel (as required), with a focus on obtaining cost effective, high quality, pragmatic and timely advice, on time and within budget
- Law Degree with top class results
- 5 – 9 years’ experience in top tier law firm or large multi-national company
- Legal experience in some or all of the following areas highly preferred: corporate, commercial contracts, technology, e-commerce, logistics and compliance
- Proven ability to drill into and organize complex legal issues. In particular, the ability to define problems, establish facts, solve problems, make recommendations and draw conclusions in a timely and accurate manner
- Experience in partnering with business leaders working in a high-tech, fast paced business environment is required
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results.
- Proven track record in project management roll out and processes definition and implementation
- Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and multi task
- Excellent communication, strategic thinking abilities, planning/project management skills and presentation skills
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world’s leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.