Purpose & Objective of Role:
The Associate Director, Financial Risk and Treasury is a key advisor to the CFO and provides financial leadership to develop, optimize and execute ZALORA cash and liquidity strategy. He will mentor, manage and develop treasury personnel and will report directly into the CFO.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Regional Cash and Liquidity Management
- Manage cash balances
- Working with relevant finance operation teams, operate, manage and develop the treasury operations, including the relevant processes and IT systems/tools
- Develop liquidity forecasts and ensure sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Anticipate possible cash challenges and make decision on funding (at entity level)
- Evaluate cash flow impact of business development projects and capital expenditure requests
- Define and execute strategies to optimize liquidity and working capital management – including funding, cash pooling and balance sheet optimization strategies
- Support the business in growing through financing solutions
- Act as a key member of ZALORA Risk Committee and own the Risk Matrix
- Manage and mitigate financial risk related to foreign exchange position and interest rates when applicable
- Identify potential liquidity problems, assess impact and develop contingency plans; advise management on actions to mitigate cash exposure when they arise
- Develop and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities
- Support the CFO and COO in the management of insurance programmes
- Manage relationships with key bank and insurance partners
- Work closely with banking partner and credit agency/insure on ZALORA credit needs and balance sheet rating
- Keep up to date in relevant financial and industry developments, advise management on impact of regulatory / monetary changes in the region.
- Liaise and work closely with various internal department and external consultants on various financial projects
- Work with rating agencies and credit agencies to optimize corporate profile
- Degree in Financial management or accounting, CPA or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years of progressive experience in a managerial capability in treasury management / financial management. South-East Asia exposure preferred.
- Strong analytical and modelling skills
- Good exposure to FX and Treasury Management Systems
- Attention to details, ability to achieve and maintain a high standard of reporting accuracy and oversight
- Ability to work in a high paced, demanding environment while effectively managing multiple priorities and responsibilities concurrently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exhibit Strong work-ethic, critical thinking, initiative and resourcefulness
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world's leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.