About the role
Based in Singapore, and reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), this role will be responsible for leading the company planning, pricing and merchandising team. You will be accountable for maximizing business profits and meeting the strategic direction of the business through effective management of merchandise from conception to sale. As the leader and manager of the planning, pricing and merchandising team you will support, coach and mentor team members to achieve business goals. You are the sparring partner of the CCO and together drive long term Commercial success in ZALORA.
What will I be doing?
- Define together with the CCO the overall company commercial strategy taking into account all relevant KPIs
- Define overall company budget in alignment with Finance and CCO and highlighting dependencies with other stakeholders
- Define and control the overall company WSSI and highlight risks and opportunities to exec & management team
- Define and execute trade process with Category Directors (CDs), CCO, Planning, Pricing and Merchandising teams
- Report overall trade update to CEO with CCO
- Define and implement overall company markdown strategy in regards to the key company objectives
- Define and implement overall company campaign strategy based on key company objectives on cover and sell-through of stock.
- Define budgeting process and planning timelines in conjunction with Finance Business plan requirements
- Review and challenge category budgets/ OTB taking consideration of the overall company strategy
- Sign off company budgets and key KPIs with CCO following inputs from all departments
- Defines the strategy of the current & new tools to use in the Commercial team
- Re-evaluate & identify input metrics for wholesale, consignment & marketplace
- Review and challenge category reforecasts taking consideration of the overall budgets
- Sign off company monthly re-forecasts and key KPIs with CCO following inputs from all categories
- Drives the needful input from a demand perspective (aligned with CDs)
- Directly manage and develop a team of commercial planners & analysts as well as team of pricing, merchandising and project managers. Total team size around 15 (expansion for 2019 planned), mostly in SG and some in MY. Possible expansion in ID and PH
- Helps to develop planning skills in cross functional & peer group
- Evaluate existing processes to develop improvements, standardizations, and best practices
- Partakes in high-level projects and company-wide initiatives that seek to streamline the existing planning processes & company objectives
Who are we looking for?
- Previous experience working for an eCommerce Fashion retailer is desirable
- 10+ years in Merchandise planning, pricing and merchandising/ campaign management is essential
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Strong commercial acumen & instinctive trading skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels with an open and honest approach
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines & work under pressure
- Proactive mindset with the ambition to drive improvements
- Thinking ahead mentality to continuously challenge the status quo
- Degree in business, finance of quant study
What sets you apart from the rest?
You're true to your customers and passionate about WOW-ing them every day
You don’t just deliver what’s expected, you dream big and are obsessed with making improvements
You simply….... get things done. Enough said.
You've got your colleagues’ backs because you know that together, we are stronger
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world's leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.