We are looking for a Data Engineer happy to design, build, maintain and automate Zalora’s big data
environments (DWH, Datalake, etc…). You are expected to gain a deep understanding of Zalora’s
complex business model, data infrastructure and processes. You will collaborate with the different
business verticals in Zalora and make use of the high volume of data available from our e-commerce
activities to enable informed and smart decision making.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- Experience/Expertise in building data pipelines using distributed processing frameworks (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Flink, Storm) and MPP databases (e.g. Redshift, BigQuery, Teradata etc)
- Design and implementation of ETL solutions using one of the leading ETL packages (e.g. AWS Glue, Pentaho, Informatica, Ab Initio, DataStage etc)
- Solid software development skills in at least one major language (e.g. Java, Scala) and scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Shell). You strive to write beautiful code and you're comfortable working in a variety of tech stacks.
- Experience with advanced schema design and data modelling techniques such as: normalization, SCD and star schemas. Proficient in writing advanced and optimized SQL queries.
- Soft skills: while being a tech automation enthusiast with a passion for building tools to make developers' lives easier, you also want and know how to share your expertise with other people to empower them
- Agile and DevOps approach, with an operational experience as an Ops in a demanding environment. You know what it’s like to manage in production critical systems and you have experience in sharing this knowledge to the teams to enable a “you build it / you run it” mindset.
What’s in it for you?
- Super fun, vibrant and dynamic environment
- Ability to make an impact to the company – we have a startup mindset and your ideas and efforts do matter!
- Significant career growth opportunities in a fast-growing and sunrise industry
- Opportunity to work with super smart and talented colleagues
- An environment where agile, devops, software craftsmanship are not just buzz words.
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world's leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.