We are looking for an Internal Auditor who will be responsible for supporting the team in execution of the annual audit plan, internal controls validation, data analytics, and other responsibilities as required.
Reporting to the Head of Audit APAC, this role covers both financial/operational and IT processes. The Internal Auditor must have the ability to multitask and work independently, with low level of oversight, when required and expected to exercise judgment in work and defend opinion / results. This role also requires an ability to engage and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
This role is based in Malaysia.
- Audit Projects
- Carry out audit assignments as detailed within the Annual Internal Audit plan, under the supervision of the Regional Head of Audit and/or Audit Managers
- Travel to different company locations to meet relevant staff and review local processes and documentation.Primarily based within the APAC region; however, may support audits in other international regions when required
- Support in the planning of internal audit reviews, including defining the scope of the review, liaising with local teams regarding meetings and information requests, and development of the work program
- Perform detailed testing of controls and processes during audit assignments, document clearly and accurately the work performed, and agree and draft preliminary results and findings
- Support in the drafting of the Internal Audit Report, liaising with local management to agree on findings, recommendations, and actions and participating in closing meetings to justify observations raised
- Continually develop knowledge regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards
- Remediation Tracking
- Participate in the follow-up of agreed actions, engaging relevant stakeholders and providing support and guidance to local management in resolving issues
- Document results of follow-up activity, and report to the central Audit team
- Internal Controls
- Understand and review internal controls within the organization and test their effectiveness as well as implementation
- Provide recommendations on remediation to address gaps in internal control design or operating effectiveness
- Participate in controls testing validation and coordination of remediation across the local team and IC Manager
- Continuous Auditing
- Support the team in implementing continuous auditing techniques across the business by acting as a point of contact and liaison between the various stakeholders, and driving the agenda proactively
- Review results from continuous auditing activity, discuss and agree with local management and report to the central Audit team
- Ad-hoc Task
- Managing a variety of stakeholders and their expectations through regular communications. Provide ad hoc advice and guidance to managers and staff at all levels.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the business when requested, delivering assurance over specific topics or risk areas. Approach and deliverables to be agreed on a case by case basis.
- Participate in investigations or other specialist reviews where required.
- At least 4 year(s) of working experience in the audit, control, risk / IT role.
- Candidate must possess at least a Master or Bachelor's Degree in Business or relevant fields
- Attained audit or accounting related qualification (such as CPA/CA,CIA)
- Possess international auditing experience (emerging market focus is a plus)
- Possess IFRS, SOX and/or local GAAP experience
- Proficient in ITGC and wider IT processes
- Attained CISA and/or other similar IT qualifications
- Excellent communication, both verbally and in writing, and presentation skills including articulation of audit issues, report writing, quantification, data analysis, etc
- Must be a self- starter, flexible, work independently in unstructured environment
- Must be able to work in a multi-cultural team with other regional and Group-level auditors
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Willing to travel up to 30 % per annum across South East Asia and Australia. Occasional travel to the UK and other Emerging Markets
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused
on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was
founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world's leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for
any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written
agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals.
Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim
for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or
employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.