This is an exciting opportunity to take responsibility for a given group of brands within ZALORA's Foot Wear & Accessories team accounting for significant annual budget across multiple South East Asian markets.
You will be driving the overall direction of the business unit forward, championing brand development and brand acquisition. You will be working in conjunction with the planning team and alongside Regional Manager and Category Director to influence seasonal budgets and the production of assortment plans then ensuring their execution, documentation and delivery.
Other buying duties will include producing relevant trend analysis and building a detailed understanding of the product demands for South East Asia. You will also be working across multiple internal departments outside of the buying team you will ensure smooth cross functional activities with Marketing, Operations and Legal departments. The role is based in our Singapore office.
- Contribute to the seasonal top down budgeting and accepting responsibility for the category budget
- Lead the team through the bottom up brand plans ensuring subcategories are built with strategic thinking, strong rational and in depth analysis of historical performance
- You will be required to produce, read and action weekly, monthly and seasonal trade information to ensure key KPIs are met, such as sell through %, intake timings/quantities and margin targets.
- Working with the planning team to lock down OTB and ensuring that allocation is effective
- Build, negotiate and maintain profitable supplier relations ensuring that a clear level of expectations are set, communication is clear, timely and professional
- Seasonal reviews on brand performance need to be prepared, delivered with the recommendations implemented internally and externally that allow continued season on season growth
- Comprehensive understanding of global trends, how this translates over time to product and then to the South East Asian market
Manage and ensure the team are utilizing systems to allow for effective controls, smooth work flow and transparency are upheld. Areas of responsibility will include:
- Upload and delivery of purchase orders
- Receiving and managing confirmations and changes to suppliers’ critical path
- Managing order balances
- Ensuring discrepancies are cleared and payments are made
- Owner of data quality, e.g. cost prices calculated correctly
- Sales reports are produced, corrected, analysed and sent to suppliers with action points noted
- A minimum of 2-3 years working in retail environment with a focus on buying and merchandising. Strong Retail, E-commerce, Buying and Merchandising exposure
- Experience of the buying cycle and associated processes and experience in planning and management of seasonal timelines
- Strong management skills are required to drive the category forward in line with the overall company strategy in this competitive market
- Highly analytical with a passion for excel and numeracy. Proven experience of data, reporting and analysis
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and clients
- Flexibility towards communication with people working remotely and in different time zones
- Strong attention to detail and high commitment to accuracy
- Driven and determined to achieve results in a fast paced, start-up orientated working environment. Willing and aiming to go above expectations
- Experience and understanding of fashion e-commerce and the associated strengths and weakness this route to market possess is preferred
- Willingness to travel
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world's leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.