This is an exciting opportunity to join ZALORA’s Buying and Merchandising leadership team. Our Buying and Merchandising teams are at the heart of our business and at ZALORA you would be leading the most sizable and highest potential category of the group in a fast, dynamic, and exciting environment.
The Category Manager/Director would develop and implement the strategy for a sizable category of the business to help ZALORA provide the best of high street fashion for consumers in Asia. ZALORA’s categories are business units in their own right, being part of the Category Management team means contributing a sizable part of the business across SEA and sharing a level of P&L responsibility.
The Category Manager/Director would lead a team of experienced Buying and Merchandising professionals as well as working closely with the other functions of the organization (Marketing, Finance and Operations) to run a fully functional business unit.
We are looking for an experienced leader who is commercial, strategic, with a great eye and passion for fashion, willing to problem solve and constantly build and grow the business.
[Based in Singapore]
- Manage the sales and margin of the category accounting for significant annual budget across our regional footprint: be responsible for the overall performance of the category from topline sales and revenue to post marketing and markdowns cost profitability, as well as optimizing cash flow and inventory turn.
- Drive, manage and execute the Buying/Assortment Strategy for the category across multiple markets in Asia. Developing the category across all subcategories and trends.
- Lead the team through bottom up brand plans building the category with strategic thinking, strong rational and analysis of historical performance to prepare and execute the buying budgets.
- Ensure alignment between production, marketing, buying and logistics to offer the best possible representation and service to ZALORA’s customers.
- Establish and manage key brand relationships, locally and internationally, to ensure optimum speed, quality and terms of business, championing brand development and acquisition.
- Create and curate a commercial and desirable product offering that positions us as a preferred fashion destination, ensuring alignment with our overarching customer profiles.
- Maximize company sales budgets, margin targets and operating profit through the effective direction and management of all aspects of category buying.
- Identify ‘white spaces’ and key growth categories as well as key rising trends to ride in the region.
- Effectively lead, coach and inspire the Buying and Merchandising team - ensuring they have clear direction, are motivated and being consistently developed and up-skilled.
- Comprehensive understanding of global trends, how this translates over time to product and our markets.
- BA or BSc from a reputable institution. A Master would be a plus.
- Experience in managing multi-labels and commercial planning is preferred.
- Understanding of Buying and Trading in a pure play e-Commerce environment is a plus.
- Strong numeracy and analytical abilities.
- The ability to craft and execute buying strategies.
- Exceptional relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Hands-on, extremely pragmatic and entrepreneurial.
- Broad, exploratory and structured thinker.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Senior presentation skills – someone who can meet senior representatives of brands across the world.
- High personal standards for the quality of execution.