In this role, you will be a part of a small yet dynamic team to coordinate ZALORA supply chain organization across South East Asia and will be reporting to the Associate Director- Operations.
As a strategic partner to the business, you will interact and collaborate with regional buying team, department leaders, and main operations managers on a regular basis. You are responsible for managing smoothly all the incoming freight from the worldwide set of ZALORA suppliers, setup tendering processes, engineer supply chain optimization solutions, and support internal stakeholders on negotiations and advise on best practices. This role is based in Malaysia.
- Coordinate all inbound freight from various origins (China, SEA, Europe, US, etc.) to the main ZALORA fulfillment Centers
- Setup, coordinate and manage 3PL operated centers in selected key origin location to improve delivery and cost performance on incoming deliveries
- Manage the landed cost reporting ensuring that cost targets are achieved and continuous improvements are rolled out across the organization
- Propose new optimized and innovative supply chain solution to further improve the current operations footprint of ZALORA
- Manage intra-company international stock transfers ensuring fast turnaround and consistent delivery performance
- Ensure the compliance and integrity of the supply chain solution and work with the internal audit team to enhance controls on the department processes
- Support and advise the buying team on the Incoterms negotiations with main suppliers to ensure sustainable and scalable solutions well integrated into the supply chain framework
- Curate selection, relationship, and performance management of the key logistic players partnering with ZALORA supply chain to ensure agreed KPIs are achieved and synergies realized
- Creates and improves current department Standard Operating Procedures with the goal of streamlining and standardizing the main process workflow to ensure a scalable solution.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain and Operations, Engineering, Management or other related fields
- 6 or more years of progressive freight forwarding and/or supply chain experience in either a 3PL, freight forwarder and/or shipper
- Broad knowledge of customs practices, documentation and AFTA agreements in South East Asia
- Experience in budget setting and cost management
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Experience with Lean and process design
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a quick turnaround environment, while maintaining accuracy
- Ability to be a reliable, hands-on deliverer of quality results
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
- Organised, proactive and results oriented
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong team-working skills with ability to work independently
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world's leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.