This is an exciting opportunity in ZALORA’s buying team to take responsibility for a given group of brands in product selection and procurement in the following territories: Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Philippines, and Indonesia.
The role will be reporting to the Category Manager and will be based in our Singapore office.
- Accountable to consolidate, analyze, prepare and forecast buys to key ZALORA stakeholders
- In-charge of ensuring a growth trajectory for assigned segment towards overall profitability and target sales achievement
- Monitors key performance indicators on trade, profitability, and stock level versus segment and brand targets. KPIs include sell-through rate, inventory cover, profit margin, average selling price, stock intake, revenue, and markdowns
- Performs sub-category analysis, best and worst sellers, and recommends action plans for slow moving products
- Maintains a stock intake plan and highlights areas of risks and underperformance versus brand targets; consequently, provides action plans to achieve healthier inventory levels
- Prepares and reviews weekly, monthly, and seasonal brand performance for key ZALORA stakeholders
- Participates in weekly meetings with planning & management to ensure strategic alignment and to achieve financial targets for turn and sell-through goals
- Communicate new ideas for improvements and opportunities with Marketing, Production, and Customer Service departments
- Maintains strong supplier relationships and accountable for day-to-day activities with the supplier
- Follows up closely with suppliers, order deliveries, and is responsible for repricing and markdown implementations
- Close coordination with other functional teams (Marketing, Logistics, Production) to ensure smooth operations and selling in ZALORA websites
- Responsible for preparing bottom-up plans of new potential brands to on-board in ZALORA
- Review market analysis for emerging trends in colors, materials, and categories
- Analytical with a passion for excel and numeracy. Proven experience of data, reporting and analysis
- Management skills are required to drive the category forward in line with the overall company strategy in this competitive market
- Experience working in retail environment with a focus on buying and merchandising preferred
- Entrepreneurial and positive spirit, detail -oriented work style and strong sense of ownership
- Result-driven with flexible work style and ability to perform under pressure
- Desire to work in a fast paced fashion environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and clients
- Flexibility towards communication with people working remotely and in different time zones
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world's leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.