ZALORA Group is looking for a Senior Data Engineer. The role is based in our Singapore office.
- Understanding the existing OLTP systems, operations and applications.
- Delivery of complex enterprise data solutions with comprehension in areas such as Architecture, Configuration, Security, Performance, Scalability, Reliability and Infrastructure.
- Reviewing objectives with functional experts and facilitate the discovery of entities, attributes, relationships, and business rules.
- Experience with advanced modeling techniques for data warehouse data; such as: normalization, SCD and star schemas.
- On the basis of the Conceptual design build the respective logical/physical data model.
- Prepare fully refined data models in accordance with the guidelines/conventions of Integration DEFinition (IDEF) or equivalent methodology.
- Create mapping documents that illustrate how the incoming data should be mapped to the Core Data Model.
- Analyze technologies, technical processes and/or functions, and document findings, identify areas for improvement and create specifications for implementation.
- Ensure that the Core Physical Data Model is built to perform optimally.
- Provide technical solutions for complex business problems related to the ETL/ELT procedures that support the data warehouse. Analyze and troubleshoot data conversion programs at operational and technical levels
- 5-8 years of experience in developing enterprise data strategies and roadmaps
- 5-8 years of experience in developing architectural and design patterns, considerations and solution options.
- Extensive experience in modeling data warehouse and operational data store. Must have gone through multiple full life cycle implementations.
- Design and implementation of ETL solutions using one of the leading ETL packages (e.g, Informatica, Ab Initio, DataStage, Teradata, Pentaho, ODI)
- Design and implementation of an operational data store and data warehouse on one of the leading platforms (e.g., Oracle, DB2, Teradata. Sybase, SQL Server, Netezza, MYSQ , Redshift)
- In depth knowledge of Business Intelligence technical architectures
- Design and implementation of at least one of leading Business Intelligence packages (e.g., Cognos, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Spotfire, ClickView)
- Ability to analyze and review client business data to identify key indicators pertaining to operations, finance, compliance, planning, buying, marketing
- Relevant qualification in CS or Degree Holder.
- Strong database design, programming, and performance tuning skills
- In depth knowledge of modeling methodologies and techniques.
- In depth knowledge of data modeling tools like ERwin.
- Knowledge on Database Design, Data Maintenance, Database Management and Metadata Management
- Comfortable working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Team player with strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to a fast pace environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead technical teams, negotiate and create consensus
- Proven ability and high comfort level in researching on topics related to user inquiries and emerging issues, industry practices, and new technologies
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
What’s in it for you?
Laptop is provided
Casual working atmosphere complete with a Foosball table
Significant global career growth opportunities with an international team
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world's leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.