We are looking for Legal Counsel responsible for providing legal advice across the full range of legal matters affecting ZALORA’s business across the region, located in Jakarta. Reporting to Head of Legal based in Singapore. This is an exciting opportunity for a lawyer with outstanding legal skills and an adventurous attitude to join ZALORA’s regional legal team in Indonesia.
- Providing clear and pragmatic legal advice to business stakeholders on all legal issues relating to ZALORA’s regional business (including commercial contracts, corporate, compliance, litigation, HR, IT and Finance).
- Contract drafting and negotiation for ZALORA’s full suite of contracts, including: purchasing agreements, manufacturing agreements, logistics agreements, licensing agreements, employment agreements, on-line terms and conditions, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Advising on and assisting with the management of the Company’s intellectual property portfolio.
- Supporting the development and launch of key compliance initiatives, including the development and delivery of training programs.
- Advising on and assisting with the management of ZALORA’s corporate legal requirements.
- Advising on and managing the resolution of disputes, litigation and regulatory matters affecting the business.
- Management of external counsel (as required) with a focus on obtaining cost effective, high quality, pragmatic and timely advice, on time and within budget.
- Law degree required (top class results).
- Admitted to the bar in at least one legal jurisdiction.
- Minimum of 5-years post qualified experience in top tier law firm or large multi-national company.
- Legal experience in some or all of the following areas: commercial contracts, corporate law, intellectual property, M&A, retail, information technology, e-commerce, logistics and compliance
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Outstanding legal drafting skills and attention to detail.
- A critical thinker adept at drawing-the-dots in order to assess the wider impact of matters on the Company’s operations and business objectives
- Fluent in written and oral Bahasa and English.
- Ability to travel internationally from time to time.
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world's leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.