ZALORA is currently looking for an Assistant Buyer to transform our data and turning it into insights that matter. This role is accountable to consolidate, analyse, prepare and propose buys and forecast to key ZALORA stakeholders. This is a unique, exciting opportunity to influence minds and make a positive difference to ZALORA, and to your career.
- Responsible for grading and selecting product, meeting suppliers, placing order, and maintaining day-to-day relationship with Suppliers
- Responsible for interfacing with the brands to ensure early intake and availability of stock as per the pre-agreed intake plan.
- Review weekly sales performance and season to date brand level performance to identify potential re-order opportunities and recommend styles that require markdowns.
- Review stock management and implement discounting actions to increase overall STR for the brand in the different age buckets
- Review market analysis for emerging trends in colours, materials, and categories.
- Participate in weekly meetings with Planning & Allocation to ensure the department achieves financial targets for turn and sell-through goals.
- Communicate new ideas for improvements and opportunities with Marketing, production, and customer service departments.
- Responsible for creating bottom up plans for new brands – recommended sub category mix, depth and options.
- Perform continuous competitor analysis by researching runways, blogs, websites, magazines, etc
- Follow up with suppliers, product pricing, responsible for repricing and markdowns
- Assist in the orders placement and keeping track of cancellations, inbound vs spent etc.
- Help communication with brands and manage relationship (e.g. send weekly reports, assist in processes between brands and Zalora and prepare presentations for review sessions. )
- Coordinate brand launch and follow up with support departments (Marketing, Logistics, Production teams)
- Ensuring discrepancies are cleared and payments are made
- Owner of data quality, e.g. cost prices calculated correctly
- Minimum Diploma/Bachelor degree in any field
- 1-2 years’ experience in fashion industry (preferred)
- Must have a strong desire to work in the fashion industry and demonstrate the ability to identify fashion trends
- Excel skills a must
- Powerpoint skills preferred
- Good understanding of financial retail measurements such as sales, gross margin, sell through, and inventory productivity
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret large volumes of data
- Ability to work in a fast developing working environment
- Very strong drive and will to make a difference
- Problem solving skills with proactive and positive working attitude
- Good command in English, both written and speaking skill
- Singaporean or SG PRs are highly preferred.
Check out the behind-the-scenes look at ZALORA's headquarters in Singapore here!
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world's leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.