Global Fashion Group (“GFG”) is the #1 online fashion platform for emerging markets. It operates across four continents and 24 countries and employs over 9,000 people via its five brands / ventures: ZALORA in Southeast Asia, THE ICONIC in Australia and New Zealand,NAMSHI in Middle-East, DAFITI in Brazil/Latam and LAMODA in Russia/Ukraine/Kazakhstan/Belarus.
At GFG, Technology is core to long-term success and is a crucial enabler of a great Customer Experience. We’re a mix of experts in fashion, logistics, data analytics, marketing, and design, guided by business consultants and tech geniuses – everyone contributes to the success of GFG and the ventures.
If this sounds like your kind of gig, be part of a creative, passionate and dynamic team that works hard but throws a great party as well!
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer happy to work both on Front-end and on Back-End features in an Agile and DevOps approach (“you build it, you run it”).
You should be proficient in:
- Data structures & algorithms, Object oriented design, Design patterns
- Building reliable, performing and scalable systems managing concurrency
- Node.js (or eager to become a master with this language after joining us)
- Some of the following:
- Back-end: PHP, Golang, Java, Python
- Learning new development languages
- Agile, DevOps, Software Craftsmanship: scrum / kanban, CI / CD, TDD, code optimization for performance and maintenance, bug management in production… you have a strong experience and you’re deeply convinced in these approaches.
- Helping younger developers to progress in their development skills
You should have the following qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience with high-traffic, high scalable distributed systems and client-server architectures (clustering, partitioning, sharding, etc)
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competency in data structures, algorithms, software design, and deep understanding of good software design patterns
- Solid understanding of systems architecture, high scalable system design patterns, how things work underneath each request or UI layer.
- Knowledge of the whole web stack, understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, web server, load balancer, database, network layer, etc.).
- A good writing and oral level in English to communicate with your tech colleagues overseas
What’s in it for you?
- Macbook pro is provided
- Opportunity to gain working exposure in 7 Southeast Asian markets
- Social & medical insurance (AON insurance)
- 15 days annual leave
- Tons of cool toys (PS4, Foosball etc.)
- Work in one of the most comfy offices around!
- An environment where agile, devops, software craftsmanship are not just buzz words and where you will truly see the impact of your work