Zalora is looking for a talented Senior Business Controller to join the Corporate Finance Team and focus on strategic projects and business partnering. Reporting to the Finance Director, the Senior Business Controller will act as key advisor to the executive team on a number of strategic and cross functional projects. Leveraging on strong business acumen, analytical skills and financial management skills, the candidate will lead the implementation of strategic projects, and develop in-depth analysis to help strategic decision. He/she will help develop, maintain and implement strategic action plans and coordinate cross functional projects.
This is a unique, exciting opportunity to influence minds and make a positive difference to ZALORA, and to your career. The role is based in our Singapore office.
Singaporeans and PR applicants are preferred.
- Provide business intelligence derived from analysis of financial KPI and trends of different business segments; Provide senior management with insightful recommendation, planning and reporting support; as required, drive implementation of relevant recommendations; Drive the strategy with exposure to all aspects of the business to implement cost reduction initiatives
- Establish and evaluate profit plan; explore investment opportunities
- Coordinate with other members of the finance team to generate and review relevant financial information and forecasts
- Build detailed financial models to evaluate performance under various scenarios and to analyse impact of different business options
- Act as key business partner to Zalora Operations team, supporting key projects especially related to supply chain, production and payments
- Work closely with in-country Ops MDs and their team to identify opportunities to optimize revenue and cost structure
- Design and review financial models to analyse strategic business options and opportunities
- Support the monthly reporting of performance to Board of directors
Strategic Project Management
- Coordinate and manage efforts with internal cross functional team members and in some instances external consultants to drive strategic projects planning, evaluation and implementation
- Lead day-to-day project management and execution support, with the support of an associate manager dedicated to the strategic project team
- Lead the implementation of finance workstream in key organizational projects, ongoing process and system improvement
- Support corporate development with financial analysis or any ad-hoc projects (due diligence, financial modelling, competitive landscape assessment, new business model assessment…)
- Bachelor from a Top tier university is required. A MBA or Master in related field is preferred.
- Financial degree, MBA/CIMA a plus
- 6-10 years of experience with exposure to business partnering and corporate finance roles
- Strong financial analysis skills, including preferably an understanding of valuation models
- Deep understanding of financial planning and forecasting
- Self-starter with good communication and project management skills
- Strong excel modeling skills, advanced IT skills preferred
- Ability to structure data in actionable recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and influence effectively with business partners
- Organized, strategically focused, detail-oriented, self-starter and able to deal with ambiguity.
- Exhibit Strong work-ethic, critical thinking, initiative and resourcefulness
- Retail / FMCG experience a plus
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA exists for the millions of fashion consumers in Asia seeking a shopping experience focused on their unique styles, trends and fit. As Asia’s leading online fashion destination, ZALORA was founded in 2012 and has a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia & Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan. ZALORA’s localised sites offer an extensive collection of top international and local brands as well as our own in-house labels across apparel, shoes and accessories for men and women. ZALORA is part of Global Fashion Group, the world's leader in online fashion for emerging markets.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.